Friday, March 15, 2019

Know those who invade your privacy through bulk sms.

In this blog post, I will tell you those who are the main culprits for all the unsolicited messages that we all receive in our mobile phone.

Without exception, none of us like to receive unsolicited messages in our mobile phone-right?  While we also receive emails from total strangers, at least such emails carry an 'unsubscribe' link. Of course, some Indian companies and individuals still 'spam' us. They are fully aware that they are sending illegal emails but continue their business in an unabated manner. These are the first category of 'web pigs'.

The second category of 'filthy pigs' is those that carry on their business of sending 'bulk SMS'. I wonder who sells them the 'database' of phone numbers!

Here are some of them who are onto 'bulk SMS' business in India.

* BT-ROUSMS

* BT-BSNSMS

* HP-isoftt

I contacted one or two of them and asked how did they get my mobile phone number. I was greeted with silence and I know they have panicked and hung up.

They employ some software (?) with which they are sending messages that don't reveal any phone number. What cowardice!

It is saddening to note that even respected companies in India are hiring these disgusting way of marketing through unsolicited messages.

Why the technology-rich mobile networks that include AirTel or Vodafone have not found a way to block them?

Here are some of them from whom I have received messages in the past. I must admit I forgot whether it is through 'SMS' or email.

* Sundaram Finance (you too TVS group of companies?)

* Kotak Mahindra Bank

I forgot the names of some more big and very respected companies from whom I have received 'bulk SMS' hiding behind 'some alphabets without any number to contact and express my protest.

The company that is bombarding us with stupid messages don't have a clue as to:

* who we are

* what is our gender

* what's our age

* what're our needs

* whether we are alive or dead

I used to receive a repeated message from a Chennai based hospital assuring me, my infertility worries will be cured if I contact them. I am a male, 63 years old and I have a healthy son.

Such pointless and stupid messages will be sent by these 'bulk SMS' people and they get paid to do that! What a shame!

* Why would reputed companies hire such a shady way of generating a lead?

* Aren't they bothered about the violation of our privacy?

* Why are they throwing away their money?

* Why are they feeding unscrupulous businessmen?

I wish the Indian Government who are expert in employing moral policing, intervene and ban 'bulk SMS'.



No comments:

Post a Comment